Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark A Workman has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
After being bounced from doctor to doctor, specialist to specialist to try to figure out my pain issue, Dr. Workman is the first to take the time to listen and properly diagnose and treat my problem. Between the steroid injections and pain medication he prescribes, I am back to living again. I realize my condition will never go away, but it is comforting to know what is wrong and how to manage it.
Dr. Workman treated me for severe back pain for 6 months. He put me on a very dangerous medication I later found out I never should have been put on as it can be life threatening to someone my age. Then he treated me with ano arrogant attitude and disrespected me as his patient when I disagreedo with him. He in my opinion is a dangerous doctor and needs to be reported to the medical board.my new doctor said no person like me should ever be put on the dangerous pain drug Dr. Workman had me taking. .
I have seen Dr. Workman for over ten years. He and his staff are kind. He genuinely cares about me and my pain issues. I would recommend him to my friends, family and anyone within shouting distance. I read the reviews on here and laugh...clearly people who didn't want to play by the rules or drug seekers. Bad reviewers are a dime a dozen!!! Dr. Workman is one in a million!!! :)
28 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Mark A Workman accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPain Rehabilitation Group Wichita Falls, 4301 Maplewood Ave Ste A, Wichita Falls, TX
Dr. Mark A Workman is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Wichita Falls, TX.