Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark C Adrian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark C Adrian has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Mark C Adrian has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark C Adrian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I can't say a single good thing about him except that he's eager to get new patients. Absolutely the worst physical I have ever gotten. He could have done it by phone. His office staff is rude. He WILL NOT accept patient phone calls when he is in the office and WILL NOT return phone calls if you leave a message. He WILL happily let you make another appointment (for which the insurers pay him), and then he will again spend 3 minutes with you and help you not at all. Really a travesty.
Everything about him is ridiculously unacceptable. Time spent in the examining room = less than 5 minutes. Followup on blood results = none. Accessible by phone = never. In fact refuses to pick up the phone to speak to patients even when he is in the office and free. Never returns phone calls. Actually, I have never spoken to him on the phone, and I have called to try to speak to him at least 20 times. I finally just gave up and now I get all my answers on webmd. It's super easy to get an appointment with him though - probably because all his patients defect. So you have an initial appointment. He spends 5 minutes with you, orders bloodwork and then that is the last you will ever hear from him or talk to him. It's like speed-dating when there's no chemistry. He's so terrible there really isn't any way to convey it. He is the epitome of everything that is wrong with US healthcare.
I made the mistake of transferring to Dr. Adrian when my previous doctor dropped all insurance plans. Dr. Adrian accepted my insurance and was Board certified and affiliated with Scripps. That's the end of the good things I have to say. I went to him for a physical. I was put into a room, fully dressed. Without gowning me, his PA took my history, listened to my heart, took my pulse, and weighed me. Dr. Adrian entered the room and spent no more than 3 minutes in the room. Didn't lay a hand on me or pick up an instrument. He asked me 2 questions: 1. Do I wear my seat belt? 2. Do I have a gun in the house. Satisfied with my answers, he was finished with his examination and the appointment was over. He subsequently ordered bloodwork. When I called the office to learn the results, I was told he was out of the office for the week, but that when he returned the next week, they would fax the report to me. The following week, I called every day, and every day they told me they would fax the report but didn't. Finally after 2 weeks of asking for the report I got it, only to find some numbers outside the normal range. I have since been trying for 3 weeks to get the doctor on the phone to ask him to explain the abnormal results, explaining that my father died from an illness indicated by the heightened enzyme. Either the doctor is out of the office, or he's too busy to talk to me. One day I was on hold with the office for two hours. He won't talk to me, but he tells his receptionist to tell me not to worry about the abnormalities. Because I've been forced to find out what I can on my own through WebMD and other health sites, I am in fact very concerned about the particular abnormality and can't imagine having a doctor so unconcerned. I am now looking for a new doctor.
Dr. Adrian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Mark C Adrian accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsPrima Primary Medical Association Inc, 9850 Genesee Ave Ste 355, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark C Adrian in this video.
Dr. Mark C Adrian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.