Dr. Mark Altenau Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Altenau?

Rude and impatient

Posted on June 5th, 2017

He will yell at you if you ask too many questions. He thinks that people are checking on him.

Abusive Doctor Who Refused to Treat

Posted on September 13th, 2016

After leaving me waiting in his waiting room for an hour, he literally yelled at me during the entire appointment. He was highly unprofessional and verbally abusive. He then refused to treat me.

Posted on May 21st, 2016

Dr. Altenau has an extremely dirty office and mouth! I was shocked at the rude staff he had and the lack of care for patients. Do Not Ever Take Your Children to Him!

Posted on February 1st, 2016

VERY NICE AND STRAIGHFORWARD.VERY PERSONABLE.

Posted on September 17th, 2015

This doctor is the rudest that I have ever met in my life. He never listens to you. In particular, he even lied in front of the truth. He did see the patient's ear was bleeding under the microscope immediately after he picked that ear. However, he still insisted that it never bleeds but only redness.

Questionable Billing Practices

Posted on September 17th, 2015

I agree that Dr. Alteneau's bedside manner is lacking and there was essentially no follow up whatsoever. When I called his office after surgery, they didn't even know who I was and seemed put out that I'd want to follow up. They also abruptly stopped sending us bills...which for us, meant we forgot about it (myself and all 3 of our children had surgery within a 2 year period...our med bills were overwhelming and frequent). Anyway, his office recently called us and very rudely demanded we pay the bill. My husband said he wasn't sure what we owed and that we hadn't received a bill in months, to please send one and we'd be happy to pay it. She agreed to send a bill and it just got here...along w calls from a debt collector. Thanks for giving us a chance to pay it lady!

Find ANY Other Doctor

Posted on April 17th, 2015

Find any other doctor! His office was so dirty and I honestly don't think he sterilized ANY of the equipment he used during my appointment. He literally put something right back in the drawer after he had placed it in my mouth (ick!) Maybe he was a decent doctor two decades ago but now... I really don't know how he still has a license to practice. I went to see him after an infection put me in the hospital. He would not even glance over any of the paperwork from the emergency room: blood work, CT scan, doctors notes- he wouldn't even look at it. He was so unhelpful and condescending. He refuses to listen to your symptoms. He sent me out of his office with no treatment saying he believed I was absolutely fine even though I insisted I knew something was still wrong. I saw another doctor a few days later and he did another CT scan, confirmed my initial diagnosis from the hospital. I am now scheduled to have surgery in two weeks. Do not see Dr. Altenau. It will be a waste of time and money, and could honestly severely affect your health. Find anybody else. If I could give him zero stars I would.

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Offensive to tell patient that god will punish you for clearing your throat. Then to say the word hel for something casual. Takes too long to explain what to do. Rather than tell patient what to do quickly, he takes his sweet time.

Posted on July 15th, 2013

This man is the worst doctor that I've ever seen. If I could give him zero stars, I would. My primary care physician has referred him to me twice for different problems. He seems to have the same diagnosis for everything no matter what the symptoms are. He does not listen to me when I try to describe my symptoms. He just makes a diagnosis without listening and then tells me that he cannot help me. The first problem cleared up on its own but the second continued to get worse due to his bad advice. I sought a second opinion from a doctor that listened and made a correct diagnosis with treatment which solved my problem. I have spoken to my primary care physician and suggested that he no longer make referrals to Dr. Altenau. Additionally, he was very opinionated and told me that my primary care physician, along with all primary care physicians, was an idiot who didn't know what he was talking about. As it turns out, the real ENT who helped me after seeking a second opinion agreed with the diagnosis of my primary care physician. Looks to me like Dr. Altenau is the real idiot here.

I question his billiing methods, too much for nothing.

Posted on February 10th, 2012

He's a decent Doctor but I got billed$50.00 from him for doing nothing on top of the actual procedure which was $115.00.And I have seen him for the same thing since the 1990's so I wonder about his rediculous billing methods now.Maybe I should charge him $50.00 for talking about how he and his family are doing, sports etc...

RUDE

Posted on February 6th, 2012

what a rude doctor, made me feel like any answer i give him was wrong. had very little patience when listening to me. he was abrupt and RUDE.

No good

Posted on December 6th, 2011

Worst doctor ever. We was rude and yelling at me. He said that he didnt care about us he patients and we can walk out that he didnt care