Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark S Asperheim
Dr. Mark S Asperheim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI, with another office in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Asperheim is affiliated with Mary Free Bed Hospital & Rehabilitation Center. Dr. Asperheim has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark S Asperheim has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Mark S Asperheim has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Showing 5 of 17
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Asperheim - Posted on March 30th, 2016
Was very thoughtful and made sure I understood everything very professional
thank god for second opions
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Asperheim - Posted on August 17th, 2015
This doctor was hardly on time getting in the office. For our appt was usually his first. It's sad that people put their health in the hands of someone that has no clue... I don't know his personal life other than he's married but he seemed as if there where tension with his nurse who would visit patients for him when the patient is paying for a specialist. Very unethical...
Poor patient care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Asperheim - Posted on September 11th, 2012
My teenage son broke his elbow and went to ER the previous weekend. We were referred to Dr. Asperheim by our pediatric office. The administrative staff was friendly on the three phone calls prior to our appointment, the reception staff was pleasant. The nurse, or medical assistant was cool and snoody, annoyed that I didn't bring the Xrays to the appointment, despite the attempt I made to have them mailed (the ER was in another city and closed on the weekend). Turns out the Xrays did arrive, and she never returned to let me know. The doctor swooped in the room, unwrapped my son's elbow, assessed silently in his mind (because he did not explain anything to us). Based on the extension my son had, he recommended some light stretches, and a return visit in 4-5 weeks because these things heal pretty well on their own. I asked if his opinion changed, once he saw the Xrays, if he would let us know. Only then did he mention that he had reviewed the Xrays. The patient contact time was less than 10 minutes, probably more like 5 and 10. I had to ask for a note for PE, since school started in one week.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Asperheim - Posted on March 29th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark S Asperheim - Posted on September 8th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Asperheim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1987
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Mark S Asperheim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark S Asperheim, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Grand Rapids, MI, in this video.
Dr. Mark S Asperheim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.