Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark B Epstein has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Do yourself a favor and find another doctor. Dr Epstein is an embarassment to the medical profession. He loves the kickbacks he gets from the pill companies, and its probably the only reason he still practices. His attitude is simply to take pills. He minimizes diseases like depression and anxiety and dismisses them as character defects (you just have to be more positive about things). If you come from a family with addiction, expect no sympathy from him. He'll prescribe a pill and tell you to concentrate on the good things in life. He really should be a pill salesman, not a doctor. And PLEASE don't page him off hours; his attitude is it can wait until office hours. Horrible to say the least.
Dr. Epstein is really just a glorified pill pusher. His diagnosis in my case was incorrect, and he is not a believer in the trauma effects of dysfunctional families. His attitude is "take this medicine and forget about the past". Overall, just a script writer. During an ear wax cleaning, I became very dizzy and his response was "it happens" and left the exam room, while my head was still spinning and needed to sit down.
Dr. Epstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Robert Packer Hospital
Dr. Mark B Epstein accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark B Epstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vestal, NY.