Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark B Monahan
Dr. Mark B Monahan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with another office in Prince George, VA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Monahan is affiliated with Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest, Memorial Regional Medical Center and CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark B Monahan has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
This is from perspective of both patient and family. Dr. Monahan is WONDERFUL! First met him in the hospital after my husband was admitted on an emergency basis for another matter. Incidental kidney tumor was found which turned out to be cancerous. Throughout initial hospital stay, surgery and follow up visits Dr. Monahan has been professional, honest, caring, patient and overall AWESOME. Such a kind bedside manner and so understanding of the needs of both the patient and the family of the patient. My husband will remain under his care and we feel so blessed to have him!!! THANK YOU Dr. Monahan!
Dr. Monahan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Mark B Monahan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark B Monahan in this video.
Dr. Mark B Monahan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.