Have you seen Dr. Mark W Balles?

eyes

dr mark balles saved my eyes, one procedure after another after a tramatic fall that caused all my issues he managed to save my eye but not 100%, out of his control, his office was professional except for one lady who was very crude which is sad, it brought him down quite a bit, his expertise is quite excellent, marietta

Treatment and eye care

The doctor and his staff were very informative in regards to my eye operation They gave very clear and descriptive information of the care before and after surgery He and his staff were very sensitive as to the patients needs I would highly recommend him to others in need of eye surgery and care

Irresponsible & Inconsiderate

I have had 3 appointments with Dr. Balles regarding an evaluation of Central Serous Retinopathy. The initial evaluation was timely and the assessment worthwhile. The subsequent 2 follow-up visits I never saw Dr. Balles. In both cases the wait times were in excess of three hours and this is after a 4 hour drive to get to his office. I along with the other frustrated patients were never alerted to the back-ups. This is disgraceful and totally inconsiderate. I was told that there had been no emergencies for Dr. Balles to attend to. No reason was given for the wait times. In both cases I finally got up and left.

VERY long wait times

Wait times are extremely long. The office is disorganized, and after multiple appointments I have never been in and out of there in under three hours for what are supposed to be half-hour apointments .

I had lost my vision suddenly due to a detached retina. My eye doctor sent me to Dr Balles, a specialist in retinal diseases and surgery. The doctor saw me that day as an emergency, explained what had happened and what needed to be done to restore my eyesight. My surgery was done the next day. Everyone was very professional, and I am very pleased to have my vision back.

I had an early morning appointment. Dr. Balles' assistants were efficient at testing my vision and dilating my pupil. Both waiting rooms were filled to capacity. Patients waited over an hour and a half to see the doctor. Some patients complained to the main desk, and were told that the doctor had not yet arrived. Office staff and assistants were apologetic for the wait. Dr. Balles did not apologize for the wait or refer to it in any way. I sensed a level of frustration from his office staff about his tardiness. I was told that this was a typical morning for this office.

Dr. Mark W Balles is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Portland, ME.