Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark H Barney
Dr. Mark H Barney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barney is affiliated with St Rose Dominican Hospital Rose De Lima Cmps, Valley Hospital Medical Center and Summerlin Medical Center. Dr. Barney has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark H Barney has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nutrition Disorders
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Renal Replacement Therapy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 15
Great doctor. Explains everything in detail. Very pleasant and caring. Goes over medications carefully and explains why he is adding or subtracting medications..Because he has such an excellent "bedside manner" often is late in seeing you, but never tries to "short" you in order to catch up on coming appointments. I've been seeing him for 17 years and have no complaints with him.
I have been a patient of Dr. Barney for aver 6 years and have always found him to be prompt, take an interest in my health concerns and fine him easy to take to and he has always taken time with me. I find his office staff helpful and rely on them to keep me up on my test and appointments. You couldn't find a more knowledgeable doctor than Dr. Barney. I wish I could have him for my GP.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Barney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Mark H Barney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNevada Nephrology Consultants, 2820 W Charleston Blvd Ste 33, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Mark H Barney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.