Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark B Bazalgette has the following 1 specialty
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Mark B Bazalgette has the following 10 expertise
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
Dr. Mark B Bazalgette has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark B Bazalgette is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Bazalgette was very kind and professional. But beware that his office goes in and out of network with Anthem Blue Cross without notifying patients. By chance 2 days before a scheduled colonoscopy I checked in with Anthem Blue Cross and found out that Dr. Bazalgette had gone out of network and I cancelled the colonoscopy. When I contacted Dr. Bazalgette's office to find out why they hadn't contacted me about going out of network, their response was, "Sorry about that. We go in and out of network periodically and usually notify patients. Had I gone through with the colonoscopy, I could have had to pay for the entire procedure. Beware of Dr. Bazalgette's extremely unprofessional office staff and lack of communications regarding insurance coverage.
I first started seeing Dr. Bazalgette about 10 years ago. I had a major reconstructive surgery after the birth of my first child that had been done by another physician about 10 years prior. I was worried about going to see a new Dr. as my case was very complicated. Dr. Bazalgette put me at ease, and assured me he could help me, which he did. I had surgery with him at Marin General and everything went smoothly (as can be expected). He truly makes one of the toughest and most embaressing experiences as pleasant as can be. His staff is top notch too. You are in great hands with Dr. Bazalgette.
I first started to see Dr. Bazalgette as a patient about 10 years ago and have continued to see him as necessary. This guy is just outstanding; he is certainly clinically talented, but has one of the most affable bedside-manners I have ever encountered. The office personnel are first rate and very professional. Bottom line, I really feel like I can trust Dr. Bazalgette.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Bazalgette is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center
Dr. Mark B Bazalgette accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsPRIMA MEDICAL GROUP, 5 Bon Air Rd Ste 117, Larkspur, CA
Dr. Mark B Bazalgette is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Larkspur, CA.