Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Beilke
Dr. Mark Beilke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Beilke is affiliated with Eye Institute - Medical College of Wisconsin, Clement J. Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Community Memorial Hospital of Menomonee Falls WI. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Beilke has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark Beilke has the following 10 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- HTLV-I Infections (Human T-lymphotrophic Virus)
- HTLV-II Infections (Human T-lymphotrophic Virus)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Dr. Mark Beilke has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark Beilke is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Beilke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Eye Institute - Medical College of Wisconsin
Clement J. Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Community Memorial Hospital of Menomonee Falls WI
Tulane University Hospital and Clinic
35 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Mark Beilke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFroedtert Hospital, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Mark Beilke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.