Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors, symptoms and doctors who treat it.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it & the symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sarcoidosis Facts about sarcoidosis, including causes, symptoms, and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Bernstein
Dr. Mark Bernstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Jefferson, NY, with another office in Stony Brook, NY. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology. Dr. Bernstein is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital, St Charles Hospital and Memorial Hospital. Dr. Bernstein has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Bernstein has the following 1 specialty
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Mark Bernstein has the following 7 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Mark Bernstein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I have been seeing Dr. Bernstein for about a year and half now, he spends time wth patients, thoroughly answering all questions and never rushed me out once. He listens and makes sure the best course of treatment is followed out. Wait time can be long sometimes but the wait is worth it. Over all, very nice doctor and I will continue to see him.
After a 2 hour wait I STILL was not seen. The office seen patients who checked in after me & when the receptionist was asked why other patients were being seen before me I was told they were emergency patients. Patients were getting seen that were one hour late for their appointment that signed in after me and after my appointment time. Meanwhile I waited two hours while in extreme pain. I left without ever getting to see the doctor. I will never reschedule my appointment or recommend anyone to this facility
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bernstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John T Mather Memorial Hospital
St Charles Hospital
Saint Charles Hospital & Rehabilitation Center
John T Mather Memorial Hospital Of Port Jefferson New York Inc
39 Years Experience
State University of New York at Buffalo
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Bernstein in this video.
Dr. Mark Bernstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Jefferson, NY.