Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark A Booher has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark A Booher has the following 1 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Mark A Booher has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Mark A Booher is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 22
didnt understand or try to understand the severity of my pain. thought i was just trying to get stronger meds maybe? heck i dont know, basically blew me off when i tried to tell him that when i take 1 vicodin it didnt cut my pain hardly at all. i wish some doctors would understand that not all people who come to them for help with pain management are just lying to them and trying to get over on them. some of us are actually in that amount of pain.
Any time I need medical attention or advise Dr. Mark Booher is there to answer all my questions. He is the most caring and professional Doctor I have ever been treated by.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
20 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1998
University Of North Carolina Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedics & Sports Medicine Of Indiana, 301 Satoril Pkwy Ste 120, Avon, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Booher in this video.
Dr. Mark A Booher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Avon, IN.