Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark C Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark C Johnson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Mark C Johnson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark C Johnson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I am so glad a friend recommended Dr. Johnson. His professionalism is the best. Every time my family and I go to see him, he makes us feel like we matter to him. I know the waiting time is a little bit long, but is worthy. He likes to spend time with the patient, he listened and care. I highly recommend him. Best Dr. ever!!!
Dr. Johnson has always been attentive, and does not give the impression that the exam is going to be rushed. When he wasn't sure about a particular complaint, he hasn't hesitated to refer us to specialists. My only criticism of his office is that his nurse has often been terse in her conversations with us.
Our family has been very pleased with the care we have received from Dr. Johnson over the last 11 years. I am a Registered Nurse and he came highly recommended from my colleagues when we first moved to Boise. I have even had the privilege of working with him on patient care in the hospital on a couple of occasions and found him to be very diligent and thorough in his care. He is always friendly as is all of the staff at the office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Family Practice Residency Of Idaho Inc
Dr. Mark C Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSaint Lukes Mountain View Medical Center, 3301 N Sawgrass Way, Boise, ID
Dr. Mark C Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boise, ID.