Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark C Campbell has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Cancer
- Cushing Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
If you like to spend your appointment time listening to bigoted political talk, this is the doctor for you. He has stated that poor people are "stupid", that African-Americans and indigenous people are "dumb, and never follow directions", and that he refuses to treat transgender people. None of this was solicited by me. All of it offended me. There is no reason a doctor should talk like this. Additionally, he forgets to order tests, forgets why he ordered the tests, doesn't explain results, doesn't tell the patient what OTC drugs and other things to avoid in order to reduce false test results (he told me it was the patient's responsibility to know that), and won't fully explain the results even when asked multiple times. I finally got an appointment with another endocrinologist, thankfully, and am not seeing Dr. Campbell anymore.
The receptionist is rude amd ignorant. Once I met the doctor he talked about everything in great length and detail that had nothing to do with my visit. He spent 5 min of a 30 min visit on my symptoms and problems. I was sad when I was told i would have to do it all over again in a month. Hopefully I can find another practice before than.
Dr. Campbell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Mark C Campbell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAltoona Endocrine Services, 615 Howard Ave Ste 106, Altoona, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark C Campbell in this video.
Dr. Mark C Campbell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Altoona, PA.