Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark B Chaplick
Dr. Mark B Chaplick, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lees Summit, MO, with other offices in Overland Park, KS and Kansas City, MO . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Chaplick is affiliated with St Marys Medical Center Of Blue Springs and Menorah Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark B Chaplick has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
First time I had cortisone spinal injection by Dr. Chaplick for pain relief. He was most pleasant, cordial, had an excellent sense of humor, and explained details of the procedure in advance. He was very gentle and I had no pain during or after injection. Of all the many physicians I have been to, I would rank him as the best, both in personality and patient relations. I would definitely recommend him to others.
My first visit I had with this Dr. I thought for sure I found the right Dr. He told me everything I wanted to hear and made me feel promised. After 3 procedures I was still in pain. When I went to see him I was basically called a liar and told you can't be in any pain I did the procedure on you. Sorry but it did not work and more a less didn't want to deal with me no more. I would not ever recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Chaplick was amazing. I have dealt with pain for years with no help and was about to give up. I met with Dr. Chaplick that helped me live pain free. I forgot what that felt like and now I have quality of life back. I recommend Dr. Chaplick. He cares. I won't go anywhere else since I found such great help.
Dr. Chaplick was great on my first two visits. He took time to find out about me and my problems. The third visit I saw a rude nurse practicioner who refused to listen to me. She just wouldn't listen to anything. Then they insisted on urine tests. Guess who runs the tests and owns the equipment? The office does. I couldn't afford $1180 a month to pee in a cup. Had to call about the bill, it comes without any explanation. Glad I got out!!!!!
Dr. Chaplick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1983
Southside Medical Center
Dr. Mark B Chaplick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark B Chaplick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lees Summit, MO.