Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark W Chewning has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mark W Chewning has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
Dr. Mark W Chewning has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Mark W Chewning is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 20
Wait time was short, staff was friendly. Dr. Chewing was professional and pleasant. He did not rush me, he listened to the issues I was having and appeared genuinely concerned. Results came in and was communicated to me in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Chewing if you are looking for an OB/GYN.
I LOVE this doctor. I became his patient with the pregnancy of my second daughter and my experience was so much better than the doctor I had with the pregnancy of my first daughter. He also performed my tubal ligation. He is a wonderful doctor. He listens to your concerns, answers your questions indepthly, is so nice and compassionate, and really cares about you as a patient. My entire pregnancy he referred to my baby by the name I told him I was going to name her and now that she is born he asks to see pictures of her at every visit. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Chewning is one of the most wonderful doctors I've had the pleasure of knowing. He is highly skilled, compassionate, and intelligent. I had a rare complication with my pregnancy and he spent literal hours researching and brainstorming how to save my baby. He lost sleep, gave calls over weekends (even Sundays), etc. Ultimately, he saved my baby's life. Within the same pregnancy he caught and handled yet another life threatening emergency in another patient's pregnancy.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Mark W Chewning accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPhysicians to Women, 21 Highland Ave SE Ste 200, Roanoke, VA
Dr. Mark W Chewning is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.