Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark R Christofersen
Dr. Mark R Christofersen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Nashville, TN. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Christofersen is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark R Christofersen has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Mark R Christofersen has the following 14 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Mark R Christofersen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark R Christofersen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I left feeling dismissed as a patient and he conducted tests without my authorization for about $900. I rather he had just punched me in the face and taken my wallet.
We apologize your experience with TOA was not a positive one. If you’d like, please call our office at 855-633-3862 to speak to someone in confidence.
My now daughter in law, T, had been in a near fatal auto accident. Dr Christofersen performed " An Extreme Difficult" Neck Surgery placing pins in T broken Neck. Along with his attentive to details to ensure she was healing correctly. WE were Blessed in Having Dr Mark C ! He did Follow Up on T years later to ensure she was Doing Well. Highly Recommend him. Thank You Dr Mark R Christofersen.
TOA appreciates your time and efforts in leaving a review. Yes, we couldn’t agree more, Dr. Christofersen is a wonderful physician with excellent bedside manner. We are pleased that your daughter in law is doing so well!
Dr. Cristofersen has been fantastic. My baby was born with severe hip dysplasia. He was recommended by our pediatrician, who was very concerned. Dr. Cristofersen was proactive and honest, things I value in a health care provider. Two years later, my child is doing great.
Dr. Christofersen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
The Hospital For Sick Children
Dr. Mark R Christofersen accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark R Christofersen in this video.
Dr. Mark R Christofersen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.