Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Mark Corcoran
Mark Corcoran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Troy, OH, with other offices in Englewood, OH and Dayton, OH . He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Hospitalist. Mark Corcoran is affiliated with Adena Regional Medical Center, Fayette County Memorial Hospital and Good Samaritan Health Center. He speaks English.
Mark Corcoran has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful family physician than Dr. Corcoran if I had a recipe for great doctors and made him myself. He was the best. I was extemely sadden to find out that he was leaving his practice. Sad for me, but delighted for him to be able to move onto something he wanted to do. I wish him the best and if he should ever decide he wants another family practice, I'll be first in line to sign up. Note: Excellent diagostic skills, up-to-date on new treatments and medicines, personable, seemed to believe strongly in prevention versus cure based on his treatment of this patient, and he had a delightful sense of humor. Scale of 1-10......he is a 20.
Corcoran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Good Samaritan Health Center
Dayton Heart Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital
36 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Franciscan Medical Center Dayton
Mark Corcoran accepts the following insurance providers.
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Mark Corcoran in this video.
Mark Corcoran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, OH.