Dr. Mark A Crislip Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Mark A Crislip?

Easy appointment, short wait time, spent over forty minutes explaining and discussing the disease, treatment and outlook. Very pleased and totally recommend Dr. Crispin.

Arrogant. Don't walk away. Run.

Horrible human and doctor

If you are on medicaid, do not see him. He will not provide you with good service. He will see you for about 5 minutes and dismiss you. He looks down on people who are on medicaid and writes about them on his blog. He comes very high regarded from medical professionals, but I guess that's only if you are on insurance he approves of. He's arrogant. Don't waste your time and see someone else.

RE: Excellent Doctor~Often Difficult to Get Appointment

Dr. Crislip is an excellent infectious disease specialist. He is up to date on the vast ID medical literature and he generously and humorously shares his knowledge with his colleagues, students, and patients on Science Based Medicine, podcast, blog, and other on-line sources.I've had recurring MRSA and non-MRSA staph infections since 2007. Although Dr. Crislip was/is my first choice for an ID specialist, I've only seen him a few times because his patient volume is very high and I've found it quite difficult to get a timely appointment. There have been occasions where I've had to leave upwards of five messages for his MA within a two week span to get a call back for a staph culture appointment. With MRSA and non-MRSA staph--it's simply not advisable to wait that long. So--despite the fact that Dr. Crislip is an excellent practitioner, I now go to Zoomcare (which also has some very good doctors)whenever I need a staph culture.

Just for the sake of balance

There are two bad reviews on this site, one gives no indication of reasoning while the other complains due to not diagnosing chronic Lyme disease.Well Dr. Crislip is an ID doctor, and quite frankly if he had diagnosed chronic Lyme then i would not under any circumstance advice this doctor. Do a pubmed .com search on "chronic Lyme review" and you will easily see that the is little to no evidence supporting this diagnosis. If you want a diagnosis of chronic lyme (which is very distinct from lyme, which is a disease and shows effect when treated with antibiotics) then go to a naturopath or some other unqualified practitioner, if you want a doctor who bases decisions on science rather than what any any guy off the street thinks he has, then Dr. Crislip should be more than qualified. In short, i have never met or been treated by dr. Crislip however doctors should be rated on what doctors DO and that is treat real patients with real diseases, not made up ones.

I would never recommend this doc.

Dr. Crislip had no response or suggestions for my chronic fatigue diagnose/EBV. I went in to ask him to test for Lyme disease, based on so many suspicious symptoms. He was callouse, uncompassionate and said...well, fish oil helps at time I heard.He also said that Igenex lab was a "crock"of a lab"and that "everyone comes back positive for lyme". (which is a blatent lie..I know several people who have come back negative). I finally paid the money and was diagnosed with Lyme and Babesia (a co-infecion). He was arrogant. For am infectious disease doctor, I felt like I was talking to a primary care physician who knew nothing about his specialty. I wanted to cry when I left his office. So, yes Dr. Crislip, at least say it's an option that someone has lyme. My cartilage is tearing off my hip bones, my head is becoming slowly cloudy and feels like dementia...I am 1/4 of what I used to be @ age 37 now. I will be seeing a Lyme specialist up in Seattle who takes in the EBV info, co-infection, general disability, etc. and will be ordering a SPECT scan.

Podcast Genius

I listen to Dr. Crislip's podcasts on iTunes. He is straight talking, knowledgeable, and funny. Based on this experience, I hope I'm in Portland when the day comes where I need a good infectious disease specialist. Best of all, he washes his hands!