Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark D Gallagher
Dr. Mark D Gallagher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toledo, OH, with another office in Toledo, OH. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Gallagher is affiliated with Flower Hospital. Dr. Gallagher has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark D Gallagher has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark D Gallagher has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 13
You have to be interviewed by his secretary via phone for him to accept you as a patient. I have conditions requiring an internist but he never even met me before rejecting me. I asked why & there was no reason. I asked to be private pay and the secretary said they would not accept that. I asked for another doctor at that practice. She said if he refused me they all would. This practice is unethical and blatantly discriminatory against state aid based insured patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gallagher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Mark D Gallagher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark D Gallagher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.