Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark D Hoffman has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I came to Desert Hospital after a doctor at another hospital I had been admitted to became verbally and emotionally abusive with me. I had open wounds, was still under the influence of the pain narcotics, and was somewhat in shock as a result of a month of pain following a botched surgery and the pain attendent. I was in a very dark mental and physical condition. It was very obvious he was able to care about the person in front of him and this calmed me down at a very important time. He listened to my problems and had immediate solutions and recommendations for me. He also sorted me through false information I had been given about my current condition and options. He also called my home the next day from the hospital to ensure I was doing well and had followed up on his advices. He turned my entire nightmare of a situation around to a positive situation I could manage. I will always be grateful for my good fortune finding him at Desert Memorial Hospital the night I went there looking for a solution and for help to survive my crisis. How refeshing to stumble on someone in this field that is sane, competent, and still cares about the people in front of him in a sincere and interested manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Mark D Hoffman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMark David Hoffman Md, 9362 Gateshead Dr, Huntington Beach, CA
Dr. Mark D Hoffman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.