Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark D Johnson
Dr. Mark D Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ, with another office in Phoenix, AZ. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Clinical Genetics (M.D.), Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Johnson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark D Johnson has the following 5 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I was not pleased at all by the staff or the doctor.
Dr. Mark Johnson and ARMS made it possible for my husband and me (at age 40) to successfully conceive our healthy baby girl. Throughout our treatment Dr. Johnson took the time to listen, answer all of our questions, and explain all of our options. Before choosing ARMS we consulted with other fertility specialists in the Phoenix area and Dr. Johnson was the only doctor who provided his e-mail address for questions. I e-mailed him several times during our treatment and received prompt replies, which I really appreciated.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2010, 2011, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2009, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
40 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Mark D Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark D Johnson in this video.
Dr. Mark D Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.