Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark D Lurie
Dr. Mark D Lurie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA, with another office in Torrance, CA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lurie is affiliated with Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital, Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. Dr. Lurie has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark D Lurie has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark D Lurie has the following 13 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
Dr. Mark D Lurie has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I have had more then 5 visits with Dr. Lurie over the past 3 years. All I needed was my prescriptions refilled. Dr. Lurie made me make an appointment with him before he would refill them. I had a 3pm appointment with Dr. Mark Demming Lurie. At 3:00pm I arrived in his office, at 3:30pm I was led into an exam room, at 4:00pm I was told by one of his nurses that there was NO medical history file on me and that they were going to treat me as a new patient. I explained that I have been with Dr. Lurie for about 3 years. I also explained that I have 3 old prescriptions that Dr. Lurie prescribed me that I needed to be refilled. I was reminded that they had NO medical history file on me. After waiting another 45 minuets, I walked out! I waited a total of 1 hour 45 minuets and never once seen Dr. Lurie. Dr. Lurie is a joke (Not A Funny One At That). The office staff is running the place like a 3rd world clinic! Never Again Will I See This Dr. I am now going to look for another cardiologist.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lurie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1973
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Mark D Lurie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark D Lurie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.