Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark L Dam has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark L Dam has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mark L Dam has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
This doctor and his office believe that they can bill anything, provide ZERO information about cost when you ask, and bicker in the office in front of you. So if you believe getting an thousand dollar plus bill for a routine annual check-up is correct, then this is your office. If not PLEASE STAY AWAY!!! Buyer be warned!!
Go to this office for a routine annual visit, and see them bill you for over a thousand dollars in blood work. No quotes required for such charges. When you ask if there will be any charge,your told it should covered 100%. Office be bothered to check about costs. When you notified of the charges, they give wrong phone numbers n who to call multiple times. They promise to call you back regarding running up health care charges and they don't. Thus, DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE, they are the problem with medical costs!
I was referred to Dr. Dam back around 2000-01 by another physician, who told me that Dr. Dam was the absolute best around. Dr. Dam has been my primary care physician ever since. Dr. Dam is the genuine, traditional family doctor who we 1950âs baby boomers came to trust and respect as family. As a kid, I took for granted the close relationship between family doctor and family. So many years later now, I canât agree more with a previous reviewer who says that âDr. Dam is a rarity in this day and age.â Dr. Dam, seemingly always ahead of the curve in medical matters, has always steered me right. (I might also add that I always relish sharing thoughts and experiences with him during my doctor visits.) When he has had to refer me to a specialist, Dr. Damâs prognosis was always right on. There is a sign in his waiting room that has been there for years from one with clear appreciation for Dr. Dam that reads, âthe good doctor.â So true!
I have been with Dr Dam for several years now and there aren't enough great things I can say about how wonderful a doctor he is. His concern and compassion for you are what strikes you first and foremost. One reviewer said it best when describes him as an "old time doctor" who gets to know and understand you. He is by far the best doctor I have been to!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital
Dr. Mark L Dam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAssociated Internists Of Darien, 40 Heights Rd Ste 201, Darien, CT
Dr. Mark L Dam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Darien, CT.