Dr. Mark Day Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Day?

my new doctor

Posted on November 18th, 2017

A new doctor always makes me nervous, but Dr. Day put that to rest immediately. I had a good appointment. He seems calm, knowledgeable, helpful, empathetic and I feel fortunate to have such a good new doctor.

Great doctor and staff.

Posted on June 22nd, 2015

Dr Day was very friendly. He spent a good deal of time getting to know me and my health not just my current issue. He let me ask questions. I didn't feel rushed. His staff was very friendly and courteous. The wait time was short and he was with me until I walked out of the office. They didn't follow up with a call but I didn't expect that.

Posted on April 8th, 2015

Our family has seen doctor day for many years and we would highly recommend his services. He knows what he's doing and is a very pleasant person.

Posted on January 7th, 2015

Dr. Day is AMAZING. Never have I felt so at ease with a doctor. His staff is great. Very on top of things and prompt. My whole family sees him. I'll for sure recommend my friends and family here.

Horrible Office Staff

Posted on December 13th, 2013

Dr Day is not the problem. His Office manager Joyce is. She is very rude and is definitely the reason why my wife and i will no longer go there. I called in regards to a bill i received that should have been billed as routine preventative. She began to yell at me saying i didn't make the appt right etc. When i called to make the appt i explained exactly what i needed. THEY made the appt accordingly. If she has issue with how the appt was put in their system then she should discuss that with her staff. I could not believe how rude she was. Unfortunately it will cost him our business and many more if that is how they treat people. I DO NOT recommend going here and by the many other comments regarding the poor treatment from the office staff i don't think many people would.

Communication Please!

Posted on November 16th, 2013

I suppose Dr. Day is a good doctor, but seemingly simple communication takes, almost literally, forever. I've been waiting for an Rx to be faxed to Preferred Home Care for over three weeks. Preferred Home Care calls his office, calls me and tells me they will "get the fax within the hour." Another week has passed and I am still waiting. Promises, promises.

Posted on March 29th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Day's for 12 years. I currently have no insurance and his fee went from $45 to $100 a visit overnight. I am 61 years old and need medical attention, having been in and out of hospital and was told to follow up with my doctor. However, my doctor is booked for the next two weeks, is always too booked to see patients when they are sick. If you want a doctor you can rely on when you are sick, steer clear of this one.

He's nice, His staff is rude!

Posted on February 1st, 2013

Don't email his office, even if they have emailed you. There is nothing on the email to indicate that the email address given is for outgoing email only. You'll get a rude response back if you do. Don't even think about inconveniencing them either...like asking them to fax your blood work referral to you. His office girl actually told me that it was inconvenient for them to do so, even though Quest lost my paperwork and I have to go back. He's really nice but some of his office staff needs to learn some basic customer service manners.

Office staff needs customer service training bad

Posted on August 1st, 2012

Inpatient and rude on the phone...dr is polite and no problem but apparantly doesnt know how his staff treats patients and drops the balls and then blames patient for wasting thier time...unbelievable! kept us on hold forever and then gets mad at us for wasting thier time...lol

Avoid Alamo Medical Center

Posted on January 13th, 2011

We were just enrolled in Aetna HMO and we were trying to obtain a Primary Care Physician. We chose Mark N. Day, D.O. as PCP for both me and my wife. He apparently shares office space with Dr. Angela S. Miller in the Alamo Medical Clinic. As far as we knew he was independent of the Clinic and just sharing space there with an office staff of his own.We had reviewed ratings for Dr. Day and we were impressed enough to request him as our PCP. We made appointments and chose him as our PCP through the Aetna web site.A couple of years ago my wife was seeing Dr. Miller as her Primary and has not seen her since. My wife received a call this morning to let her know that she could not see Dr. Day as the office policy at Alamo did not allow you to switch doctors once you had seen one of them. They consider this "flip-flopping" (Their Words). They told her she would have to see Dr. Miller. Doctor Miller does not accept Aetna HMO and could not be our primary physician even if we wanted her to be.My wife tried reasoning with the office staff. She did not curse them or use any foul language but her voice did rise during the conversation and she ended up being put on hold a couple of times. They accused her of abusing them over the phone. She spoke with someone in Dr. Day's office who reiterated the policy and then told her that they did not want her in their office and furthermore I should also find another PCP.Is this anyway to treat people? This is a pig-headed, uncaring, policy, especially when the doctor who is so afraid of someone else in her office getting money from a prior patient that she would condone such a policy. I can see her point if she accepted Aetna HMO which she does not. You are only money in her pocket.We called Aetna and let them know what was going on. They were flabbergasted at the treatment we received. They said they would have a regional manager reach out to them but we told them we would never have anything to do with an office that treated us so miserably.If you are unfortunate enough to be a patient in this office just remember that once they see you they think they own you

Rude obnoxious male nurse

Posted on May 14th, 2010

male nurse was nasty, rude, not empathetic to patients, patronizing. Need to find other line of work not working with the public

Posted on November 24th, 2009

A great doctor and well worth trusting your health to, even the refered doctors say he is great.