Dr. Mark K Detweiler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark K Detweiler?

Top notch, gives you the time you need, and follows up.

Conflicted

I went to Dr.Detweiler for the first time several weeks ago. It took me several weeks to finally get an appointment. Over the phone and in person, the office was very rigid. Show me your card. Give me your license so I can photocopy it. It just wasn't a friendly front-desk experience.I did not have to wait long, but then I got in to see the doctor. He asked lots of questions, but seemed perplexed that my answers "didn't make sense" to him. Well, my dear Dr.Detweiler, that is why I am here to see YOU, so YOU can diagnose the bowel issues I am having. Sheesh!He then did a physical exam and scheduled me for a colonoscopy. The nurse who explained the procedure was very friendly and helpful.I have been meaning to schedule my colonoscopy in the weeks since the visit, but have been having some reticence for some reason. I don't mind the procedure at all and am not having any financial issues, yet something keeps telling me NOT to go back.Well, it turns out, there is a reason: my intuition never fails me. I had a passing conversation with someone today who basically told me the doctor's failure to diagnose her Crohn's nearly killed her! She was sent to see another doctor who finally (and correctly) diagnosed her with the correct condition.Well, after hearing this, it confirmed all the negative feelings I was having about him and his office. I do not think Dr.Detweiler is a bad person or even a bad doctor. However, I feel that my lackluster experience at the office, coupled with this woman's story, really hit home for me the fact that not every doctor is a good fit for every patient.

Excellent at diagnosing obscure problems

I highly recommend Dr. Detweiler. He is knowledgeable about and has access to state of the art tests that can diagnose things you've never even heard of.Just remember to bring your questions with you because sometimes he forgets to explain everything...but his nurse is a phone call away.Don't worry about a colonoscopy...they are fast and professional. The drink is yukky but you can stand it.He also recommends a dynamite dietitian if you need one. She is also very knowledgeable. Dr. D. was recommended to me by my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law, both of whom rate him very highly.

Great experience with this doctor. He spent at least a 1/2 hour discussing my issues, followed by a physical exam. He listend well and addressed my concerns. He also explained my condition, and orded appropriate testing. Would highly recommend this doctor!

Worth the drive for an appt.!

Dr Detweiler goes out of his way to find the source of your discomfort. Should the issue be beyond his knowledge or experience - he will work with other Dr's local or otherwise to get you the help that is needed. "Dr D." listened to my family when no other Dr would. His genuine concern was apparent in his calls to our home to check on my status. The healthy and vibrant being I am today is in part, due to the care of this wonderful Dr.