Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark K Doughty has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark K Doughty has the following 11 expertise
- Breast Diseases
- Family Planning
- Bedwetting (Enuresis)
- Weight Loss
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Mark K Doughty has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark K Doughty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Doughty was a medical gift to this area of Maine. He reminded me of the country doctor of long ago who treated each patient as a special case. He took his time with you, was compassionate, caring and professional. Too many doctors make you feel like they're in a rush to get you in and out like at the deli where you pick a number. Not him though. He helped our family through some difficult times with great patience and devotion. We had great confidence in him and hope he can be our doctor again. He was such an asset to BHMH and will be to any practice.
As a healthcare professional, I am very selective about who will care for my family. He is exceptional with patients throughout the lifespan. Without a doubt, I cannot think of anyone more knowledgeable, caring, kind, and professional than Dr. Doughty. The highest level of care is delivered through a trusting relationship that is only found with a handful of providers, and his is truly a model for others to follow.
Dr. Doughty is a great doctor. I felt at ease with him right off the bat and felt like he genuinely cared about me as a person and a patient. His professionalism is phenomenal, he was always willing to spend time with me to discuss concerns without making me feel like a hypochondriac and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor in the area!
Dr. Doughty is the best, most compassionate doctor I have ever had. He takes the time to truly listen to you and gives a very well thought out diagnosis, along with an explanation as to why he chose certain medication or treatment and what your options are. I felt like I was included in my own treatment and that my thoughts and opinions are valued. I would recommend him to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mark K Doughty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark K Doughty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Skowhegan, ME.