Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark C Drakos has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Mark C Drakos has the following 19 expertise
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Injuries
- Orthopedic Procedures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Ankle Disorders
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Joint Instability
- Bone Fracture
- Foot Deformities
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Mark C Drakos has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark C Drakos is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 76
I had a second surgery to replace my achillies tendon after unsuccessful surgery at Winthrop Hospital. Dr. Drakos suggested using ligaments from other parts of my body (big toe and hamstring) to replace the big tendon. I was a highly competitive athlete prior to achillies rupture and I am finally back to being very active and even competitive. Just in the past 2 months I did half marathon, couple of shorter races, 200 mile Ragnar relay, went to beach volleyball boot camp and now playing AA competitive volleyball, and soon going to do my first Ironman. Although my operated leg has smaller muscle and isn't as strong as a good leg, it is fully functional and allows me to play sports. Thanks Dr. Drakos!
I called for an appointment with Dr. Drakos, was interrogated about largely irrelevent history for 20 minutes and then was very rudely told they would call me back "if the doctor decided to accept me." Since I do need foot surgery and never heard from this office again , I found another doctor who actually operates on patients. My suspicion is that Dr. Drakos only wants to take uncomplicated cases-but this is no way to run a medical practice.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Mark C Drakos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark C Drakos, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Uniondale, NY, in this video.
Dr. Mark C Drakos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Uniondale, NY.