Dr. Mark C Drakos Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark C Drakos?

A quick diagnosis that might just save my life.

What started out as a routine orthopedic problem, turned out to be Cancer in the spine and prostate. Dr. Drakos' quick diagnosis and subsequent referrals to oncologists and Sloan Kettering, might just give me the edge to beat it.Thank you Dr.Drakos.

2 years after achillies surgery

I had a second surgery to replace my achillies tendon after unsuccessful surgery at Winthrop Hospital. Dr. Drakos suggested using ligaments from other parts of my body (big toe and hamstring) to replace the big tendon. I was a highly competitive athlete prior to achillies rupture and I am finally back to being very active and even competitive. Just in the past 2 months I did half marathon, couple of shorter races, 200 mile Ragnar relay, went to beach volleyball boot camp and now playing AA competitive volleyball, and soon going to do my first Ironman. Although my operated leg has smaller muscle and isn't as strong as a good leg, it is fully functional and allows me to play sports. Thanks Dr. Drakos!

Not patient freindly

I called for an appointment with Dr. Drakos, was interrogated about largely irrelevent history for 20 minutes and then was very rudely told they would call me back "if the doctor decided to accept me." Since I do need foot surgery and never heard from this office again , I found another doctor who actually operates on patients. My suspicion is that Dr. Drakos only wants to take uncomplicated cases-but this is no way to run a medical practice.

Excellent Choice

I had an ORIF to the left ankle...... I cant praise this Dr. Enough for his professionalism and bedside manner. He was very accommodating and understanding as well as his entire staff from check to clinical to billing staff.

Great Doctor!

Just had surgery with Dr. Drakes. Things are great so far.

I highly recommend Dr Drakos.

Say no to the cortisone shots!

I wish he would have warned me about the damage a cortisone shot can do to the soft tissue in your foot. I got one for a neuroma and ended up with many more problems because of the atrophy that it caused. He never said there were risks, acted like it was no big deal. Now I have more pain from the muscle and ligament damage it caused.

Neither good nor bad

Saw Dr Drakos first in 2014 after my orthopedic surgeon in 2013 didn't do a good job with an ankle sprain and performed a lousy syndesmosis. Seems him many times since then. I believe I have scar tissue around a nerve between tibia and fibua. Besides, MRI shows ankle does need tightened up after scar tissue built up between the two bones.. Dr Drakos had recommended a get a "tight rope" surgery previously. But now it's off the table? Yesterday I saw Dr Drakos again. He's claiming the pain, nerve and swelling issues I am having in my ankle is coming from my back. Really? Three epidurals in back since last year from another doctor other than Dr Geiger at the HoSS because he couldn't insert needle in my spine. Waste of my money and time. I got better but pain and swelling still there in ankle. Wrote me another MRI script to get a lower back image to only tell me what I already know. I have had back issues in L4 and L5 since 1992. But it has never caused swelling in my ankle. I think that's from a misalignment from the previous orthopedic surgeon. Nerve issues may be a different thing. Last year, I was diagnosed with perriphial neuropathy. So could the pain and nerve issues in my ankle be coming from a encapsulated nerve? Dr Drakos says "no". I am making the trip to Duke University Hospital in Durham, NC. Highly acclaimed medical center for ankle and foot issues. I am slowly losing faith HoSS. Seems like I am just wasting my $ and time there. I am getting MRI of lumbar on Monday regardless. Going to share results with specialist at Duke University Hospital.

Trying to make an appointment

The receptionist is rude and nasty I did it even get to see the doctor, Nasty and racists, I never was treated so bad, Doctor Drakos is probably a great doctor but, the office service and attitude is terrible. I will not return to be abused. They are not doing me any favors,I'm a patient not a dog.

Dr. Drakos is fantastic. My recovery has been awesome and I would recommend anyone to see him

I have meet many doctors but Doctor Drako cant compare to any on a scale one to ten he is over a ten.

Dr. Mark C Drakos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Uniondale, NY.