Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark E Mueller has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I was admitted for bleeding as a result of Chrones disease. My nurse (Jason) responsible for blood drawing (for testing purposes) was short-tempered, snapping at the blood technician for being impatient about his work. In his frustration, he missed my vein twice, even though a usable one was pointed out to him by the attending technician. His temper and pride resulted in multiple unnecessary punctures and discomfort on my part. After he left to acquire another syringe, the blood tech put a needle in my arm with no warning, simply saying, "I told him, all you have to do is jab it in". I'm not sure if this was intended as a joke, but she did not sanitize or sterilize beforehand. My biggest issue though, was my doctor. Mark (or Martin) Mueller (sp?). He was curt, unsociable, and condescending. He constantly belittled and dismissed my concerns and opinions, and treated me as though I had no knowledge of my condition, simply because I wasn't the one with the medical degree. He also administered a *very* uncomfortable rectal examination with absolutely no warning. There was soreness for a few hours after I left the hospital. I live in western Washington, and only went to North Valley Hospital because it was the closest to my camp site. Next time, I'll probably just pray the problem resolves itself, because I'm sure as heck not going back there.
37 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Dr. Mark E Mueller accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDukes Memorial Hospital, 275 W 12th St, Peru, IN
Dr. Mark E Mueller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peru, IN.