Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark E Thompson
Dr. Mark E Thompson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Thompson is affiliated with St Lukes Baptist Hospital, North Central Baptist Hospital and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Dr. Thompson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark E Thompson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I recently had a complication from a procedure (by a different doctor) and when I ended up in the hospital they were able to contact Dr. Thompson's office and turn my care over to him. They were able to get me all fixed up and Dr. Thompson was there in the hospital at 6am to check on me and explain what had happened. After several follow up appointments he still contacted me by phone to check up on me (he actually called me, NOT his office staff)! He is very compassionate, caring, and really takes the time to explain everything to you. I am very thankful for everything he did for me!
I had to come to Dr. Thompson as a new patient with problems. I was having a hard time getting into see my doctor and decided to see Dr. Thompson instead...something I am very glad for now. I had bigger problems than I knew at the time and Dr. Thompson, who was only meeting me for the first time, focused on me like a laser beam. I was impressed on how seriously he took everything I said and the quick action he took on getting to the root cause of my problems. He went into high gear for me quickly and did all the necessary tests immediately. He performed a radical hysterectomy on me, which went very well. I thought his attention to detail was exceptional. He communicates very clearly and directly. He doesn't sugarcoat anything and prepares you for the worst but also made sure he gave me the optimistic statistics and encouragement. He educates you on all aspects of your situation and options and tells you what, if any, are his preferences. Following my surgery, he educated me on my anatomy (things that were different about me due to earlier c-sections) and I also appreciated that. I like to be involved in my healthcare and understand my body. Knowledge is power to me so I appreciate more information, not less. I found Dr. Thompson to be focused and very professional but also caring and easy to talk to. I would definitely recommend him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Thompson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1994
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Mark E Thompson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNe Ob/Gyn Associates, 502 Madison Oak Dr Ste 240, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Mark E Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.