Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark E Townsend has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mark E Townsend has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Mark E Townsend has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Townsend was my dr for over 25 years and I am so sorry to see him leave the Erie area. He did not exude warm fuzzies but that is not what I need or wanted in a dr. He was patient, skilled, knowledgable, answered all my questions, discussed options and I trusted him completely. When I was referred to him years ago by my gp, I was told " I want to send you to someone who is going to take your health seriously and not just pat you on the head and say don't worry"
I found Dr Townsend to be accurate and skillfull in my diagnosis. While he is not the touchy feely OB I experienced when I had both of my children, I did not need that. Instead I needed someone who was respectful and knowledgable, which he is. My surgery was successful and I feel better now then I have for 4 year
Dr. Townsend is the best Dr. I know and most knowledgeable. I have found him to be caring and respectful with my care. I have been going to him for over 15 yrs and would never consider going to anyone else. He has given me the best of care. He helped me get through peri menopause without a hysterectomy. He knew about natural progesterone way before others did. He recognized that I had a thyroid problem way before my general Dr. did.
The worst bedside manner I have ever encountered, and this was while I was miscarrying. His callous, tactless manner and lack of caring make the pain so much worse. He might be smart and correct in diagnosing, but is arrogant and not a good doctor in treating the whole patient.
36 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Mark E Townsend accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark E Townsend in this video.
Dr. Mark E Townsend is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Caribou, ME.