Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark E Wilson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 10
Started having problems went to my gp for some minor test she said i needed to go back to GI AS...I will go to Monroe or Hattiesburg before I go back to wilson. 6 months after colonoscopy and having same trouble again...seems like he didn;t do his job. Sent me for surgery with another Dr and never followedup on that.....I am switching to another GI doctor in Jackson...GI AS isn;t the only came in town.
I went to the ER at River Oaks Hospital in Flowood, MS and arrived with food having been stuck in my esophagus for the past 4 hours. I was in an enormous amount of pain (later found out because the food was stuck next to a bad ulcer). We arrived at 4pm. By 5:30pm, the "on-call" Dr. Wilson said for the ER to give me a medication for 1 hour that was to hopefully help discharge the food, but the ER Dr. said that it almost never ever works, and since I was in so much pain, and I had tried all other techniques (coke), the ER Dr. recommended that we skip the hour medication and have the GI doctor (Wilson) come on in to take out the lodge food. Wilson said to take the medication anyway. The hour passed. My pain increased immensely to the point of near panic. The nurses took me to the surgery room as we waited for Wilson to show. I was in so much pain that the nurses kept texting Wilson to ask if they could go ahead and give me relief. But this "doctor" said no. He refused to let them help relax me with pain meds! They were incredulously amazed at why he would not let them help me. He told them that he wanted to ask me several questions before he began. He said the he was 20 min out. We waited and waited and waited. He showed up at 8:30pm. We later found out that Wilson was at the hospital from 3pm to 6pm and could've done this much ealier. Also, he has an unlikeable personality to boot. He did get the food out. I'll give him the one star for that. But then he prescibed an antacid (Aciphex 20mg) that no insurance covers, costs $300, and is the same as Prilosec. The phamacist was puzzled as to why any Dr would prescibe this, so she recommended the equilavent for less than $20. Are you seeing why the one star yet? Find another doctor!
From the very beginning trying to deal with his staff, to currently trying to get a prescription refill.....2 hours in the waiting room for procedure to be done and another hour in the waiting room before procedure and tells my husband he is not a 1 visit kind of DR....yes he is...lets see if I get a call back for my prescription.....I will keep you posted!! Not happy with GI Assoc at all
31 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Michigan State University
Dr. Mark E Wilson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGi Associates And Endoscopy Center, 2510 Lakeland Dr, Flowood, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark E Wilson in this video.
Dr. Mark E Wilson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flowood, MS.