Dr. Mark Wilson Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Wilson?

take my chances with any other random doctor.

Posted on September 13th, 2013

Started having problems went to my gp for some minor test she said i needed to go back to GI AS...I will go to Monroe or Hattiesburg before I go back to wilson. 6 months after colonoscopy and having same trouble again...seems like he didn;t do his job. Sent me for surgery with another Dr and never followedup on that.....I am switching to another GI doctor in Jackson...GI AS isn;t the only came in town.

Find Another Doctor!

Posted on July 30th, 2013

I went to the ER at River Oaks Hospital in Flowood, MS and arrived with food having been stuck in my esophagus for the past 4 hours. I was in an enormous amount of pain (later found out because the food was stuck next to a bad ulcer). We arrived at 4pm. By 5:30pm, the "on-call" Dr. Wilson said for the ER to give me a medication for 1 hour that was to hopefully help discharge the food, but the ER Dr. said that it almost never ever works, and since I was in so much pain, and I had tried all other techniques (coke), the ER Dr. recommended that we skip the hour medication and have the GI doctor (Wilson) come on in to take out the lodge food. Wilson said to take the medication anyway. The hour passed. My pain increased immensely to the point of near panic. The nurses took me to the surgery room as we waited for Wilson to show. I was in so much pain that the nurses kept texting Wilson to ask if they could go ahead and give me relief. But this "doctor" said no. He refused to let them help relax me with pain meds! They were incredulously amazed at why he would not let them help me. He told them that he wanted to ask me several questions before he began. He said the he was 20 min out. We waited and waited and waited. He showed up at 8:30pm. We later found out that Wilson was at the hospital from 3pm to 6pm and could've done this much ealier. Also, he has an unlikeable personality to boot. He did get the food out. I'll give him the one star for that. But then he prescibed an antacid (Aciphex 20mg) that no insurance covers, costs $300, and is the same as Prilosec. The phamacist was puzzled as to why any Dr would prescibe this, so she recommended the equilavent for less than $20. Are you seeing why the one star yet? Find another doctor!

Got refill

Posted on April 10th, 2013

I will find someone else to see.

No refill yet

Posted on April 9th, 2013

Keeping you posted....2 phone calls, all I get is Carla's voice mail and no refill or return call yet. This is typical for his office. If you are in pain or need answers he is not the Dr for you. The only reason there is one star above is that this site makes you put one.

Would not go to him again

Posted on April 8th, 2013

From the very beginning trying to deal with his staff, to currently trying to get a prescription refill.....2 hours in the waiting room for procedure to be done and another hour in the waiting room before procedure and tells my husband he is not a 1 visit kind of DR....yes he is...lets see if I get a call back for my prescription.....I will keep you posted!! Not happy with GI Assoc at all

Posted on December 30th, 2016