Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark A Elias
Dr. Mark A Elias, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with another office in Minneapolis, MN. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Elias is affiliated with Mercy Hospital, Unity Hospital and Glencoe Regional Health Services. Dr. Elias has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark A Elias has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mark A Elias has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Mark A Elias has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark A Elias is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My first visit to Dr Elias was for a second opinion regarding surgery. I ultimately chose him to do the surgery, and he is now my primary gyn physician. My biggest complaint is that he is often running behind schedule, but I've never felt rushed. Some of my own appointments have run long because he takes the time to listen to all of my concerns. He has always followed up with test results, returning my phone calls, and getting referrals if I need to see a different specialist. I can see how his conversation style might come across as rude because he does tend to interrupt with his thoughts while I'm explaining symptoms or concerns, however I'd rather have that than a doctor who gives me no feedback. I would definitely recommend him to my friends or family.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Elias is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1992
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Mark A Elias accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark A Elias is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.