Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark E Elles
Dr. Mark E Elles, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenwood Village, CO, with another office in Denver, CO. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Elles is affiliated with Lutheran Medical Center and Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Elles has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark E Elles has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
Before I saw Dr. Elles, my previous physician could not explain my chest pain. I thought I had a heart problem, but a treadmill test proved otherwise. Previous physician could only recommend that I "get the stress out of my life". Dr. Elles diagnosed within minutes his suspicion of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, and recommended a Nerve Conduction Test, which confirmed his diagnosis!
I have been a patient of Dr. Elles for 30 years. He is the consummate professional, combining the bedside manner of Marcus Welby with the attention to detail of the scientist he is. He spends so much time with me that I honestly don't see how he makes a living, given the low reimbursements paid to internists.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Elles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. Mark E Elles accepts the following insurance providers.
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark E Elles in this video.
Dr. Mark E Elles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenwood Village, CO.