2.0

Neutral

Due to some health concerns, I wanted my daughter to follow an alternative vaccination plan (I.e. dr Paul thomas’s Plan). Now, I was told the policy in the office is ALL shots at one time or leave the practice, which is their prerogative to enforce this policy. However, I was not offered a refusal form or anything like that which most offices allow. Furthermore, I WANTED to get the prevnar and HIB vaccinations for my daughter before flying to another state for Christmas. They had to have a MEETING to decide whether they would allow me to come in to get these shots for her simply because I didn’t want to get ALL of them that day. (If you want the child to be vaccinated, you think you would jump on it when I say I want to get her these shots, but apparently not) Now, when I went to get these I was told they were out of stock of prevnar even though they had it the day prior. My husband and myself felt belittled to say the least by this doctor. I asked what I should do about the follow up doses since they told me I would have to find a new pedi. One pedi in the office told me I should be able to be seen up to 30 days after I have been notified to find a new doctor, which Dr. Mangano shut down quickly and informed us this would be our last appointment EVEN IF the shot they administered caused a reaction, I would not be allowed to follow up with them. WHICH I might add, it did cause. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a new patient appointment immediately, therefore I have been without an option other than urgent care or an emergency room for my daughter. It is of my opinion, if you administer a shot or a medication that causes a reaction, you should see the patient and follow up with them if you truly care about their well being. I did not appreciate being talked to like a child. I am a college educated individual with a brain. I am allowed to ask questions and to have concerns. Furthermore, my father is a physician and my mother is an RN, and would NEVER treat a patient the way we were treated, regardless of whether or not they agree or disagree with the patient. I am VERY disappointed in my experience here (other than one of the very friendly physicians in the office who truly took time to discuss with us and exhibited great care).

Avoid this "doctor"

Without going into personal detail, it is obvious that this "doctor" hasn't opened a medical journal in 20 years. He is condescending and should not be practicing medicine. Avoid Mark Mangano and take your child to someone who actually cares about treating children and listening to their parents.

Shouldn't be doctor

He humiliated my son about a delicate medical matter. He was condescending and unprofessional. He spoke to my 20-year-old like he was a 5 year old kid, and kept trying to give him a sticker.

My kids love going to see the doctor now!!

Dr. Mangano is a fabulous pediatrician. He is kind, caring, very fun with the kids, and incredibly knowledgeable. He is so thorough and diagnoses quickly and accurately. He is careful to follow up and helps me be a better parent. I highly recommend this practice!

Dr. Mark F Mangano is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Havertown, PA.