Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark Newman has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Myocardial Infarction
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 0 of
Dr. Newman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Duke University Hospital
Duke Regional Hospital
Durham VA Medical Center
28 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Mark Newman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDuke University Medical Center, 200 Trent Dr, Durham, NC
Dr. Mark Newman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.