Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Fesenmyer
Dr. Mark Fesenmyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Merrillville, IN, with other offices in Naperville, IL and Valparaiso, IN (and 2 other locations). He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fesenmyer is affiliated with Saint Luke's Memorial Hospital, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Fesenmyer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Fesenmyer has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark Fesenmyer has the following 13 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Mark Fesenmyer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark Fesenmyer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Went for a consolation/second opinion with Dr. F today. The staff was pleasant. My initial perception of this doctor today was that he was a bit condescending and didn't want to say anything negative about my former gastro Doctor. I didn't have any negative comments either regarding my former doc, however he just seemed to have run out of steam as far as possible explanations of why I was continuing to have same symptoms and what I was actually being trading ongoing for (condition). Dr. F listened to my symptoms and did brief exam. At least he was open to check for possible Celiac issue.
I had had a terrible experience with another gastroenterologist and was terrified of going through another colonoscopy. Dr. Fesenmeyer was recommended to me by my Internist. I have had three colonoscopies done by Dr. Fesenmeyer over the past few years and I wouldn't dream of going to anyone else. I have recommended him highly to many of my friends and everyone was completely happy with his wonderful skill and [painless procedure. His gentle manner of speaking to you and explaining everything was so impressive. He takes the time to make sure that you are aware of the procedure. I would not go to anyone else.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Fesenmyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Luke's Memorial Hospital
Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
St Mary Medical Center Inc
All Saints Medical Center St Lukes
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - All Saints
26 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark Fesenmyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Merrillville, IN.