Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark E Folk has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark E Folk has the following 2 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Mark E Folk has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
The doctor is not the main problem. It is the office staff - they are very rude and deny things that they said. They called my wife and said she had to come in for a Wellness exam. We explained to them that she had one only 5 months ago and it was only supposed to be every 12 months. They replied that the Insurance Company wanted a new updated one and we would not have to have pay as it was mandated by the Insurance. Now we get a bill from the insurance for the full amount. The doctor's office said it was our problem, we should have known it wouldn't be covered. They denied ever saying that it was mandated by the Insurance.
I have been going to Doctor Folk for many years. I even continued going to him when the office moved from right next door from my job to a town 20 minutes away.Doctor Folk listens to the patient and does not try to rush out of the examining room as fast as he can.The office even does home visits for homebound patients. The office uses electronic records very well. The doctor can always find the information he needs right away. The office has plenty of staff and is always very professional and courteous. There are 3 doctors in case Doctor Folk is not available.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark E Folk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Schaefferstown, PA.