Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark G Buchanan
Dr. Mark G Buchanan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC, with another office in Charleston, SC. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Buchanan is affiliated with Roper Hospital, East Cooper Regional Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center. Dr. Buchanan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark G Buchanan has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
He is a pompous bass, he has a God complex, very in compassionate, a money doctor that's all he is after, he is a lyer and thinks he can say anything to his patients and it is true. Never listens to the patient or he might get his fact correct. He laughs at his patients like a bathroom, where his other patients on his waiting room can her I think he should because he is a clown by heart, a doctor by his second head.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Buchanan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Medical University Hospital Authority
Dr. Mark G Buchanan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark G Buchanan in this video.
Dr. Mark G Buchanan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.