Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark G Doherty
Dr. Mark G Doherty, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with other offices in Johnson City, TN and Arlington, VA . He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology and Gynecology. Dr. Doherty has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark G Doherty has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
Dr. Mark G Doherty has the following 16 expertise
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Cervical Tumor (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia, CIN)
- Hot Flashes
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Central Venous Catheterization
- Vaginal Cancer
- Genetic Counseling
- Vulvar Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma)
Dr. Mark G Doherty has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark G Doherty is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I had to have surgery by him in 2009 and he was so nice and reassuring. He really makes sure you are taken care of. I had a 20lb ovarian cystic tumor removed and I had to be totally cut down from sternum to pubic hair line and I only lost 2 table spoons of blood during surgery. After surgery he sent me a lovely letter saying if in the future I needed anything or even anyone in my family needed any care to call him. He is such a blessing to have as a doctor.
I had an total hysterectomy in Jan. 2010, I was referred to Dr.D as a Medicaid recipient. He is thorough and very kind and professional and obviously cares about people and his work. When I was just about to go in for surgery all the pre op done..he stopped by and held my hand and whispered some caring and encouraging words in my ear, knowing that I had no family members present. My two year follow up visits are almost finished and I shall miss he and his wonderful staff..I am forever grateful to them.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Mark G Doherty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark G Doherty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.