Dr. Mark S Gabelman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark S Gabelman?

A good doctor

Patient

The receptionist is extrmely snotty and mean on phone and Gableman does NOT Care about patients treated my 80 year old mother like Garbage, do not RECOMMEND HIM!!!

A True Life Saver

I had been seeing Dr. Gableman for more than 20 years, starting out with him as my family doctor. In the early part of 2002, while I was driving home from work at night, I had a very minor bump with the car in front of me. Apparently I had blacked out for less than a fraction of a minute.I explained what had happened to Dr. Gableman, who proceeded to put me through tests, an EKG, and ECG, and others, then had me wear something called a Holter, to use to upload signals to a computer if I had felt anything strange with my heart.After Dr. Gableman put me through a nuclear stress test, he advised me that he thought I needed an angiogram, and explained completely what that test entailed. Were they to find nothing, I would be able to go home within a few hours.However, if they found what he expected to find, I would then have a stent placed wherever it was indicated, and would stay overnight, going home the next day.They did find a section of coronary artery which had become extremely narrowed, and they installed two stents in my lower left coronary artery. I went home the next day, a Tuesday, and the following Monday I was back at work.We had already scheduled and paid for a trip to Disney world, which would have meant flying to Florida, and Doctor Gableman had me go through another stress test, to be certain that my heart and stents were able to tolerate the stresses of air travel, including the lower oxygen and the pressure of being 35,000 miles above sea level.I passed, and we went on vacation, three weeks after my two stents were implanted.Dr. Gableman, and his partner Dr. Kelley, the cardiac interventionist, literally saved my life.

Prescribing Medications

He is very aggressive in prescribing medications, especially in the elderly. I am in my 80s and he prescribed high dosages and too many unnecessary medications. Incidentally, Dr. Gableman is not my regular cardiologist. He was ssigned to me while I was in the hospital. When I went back to my regular cardiologist, he was surprised at the number of medications and the high dosages for someone of my age. He adjusted the dosages and took away 2 of the unnecessary medications.

Dr. Mark S Gabelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Bergen, NJ.