Dr. Mark Gaudio Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Mark Gaudio?

Great Doctor

Posted on January 10th, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr. Gaudio. He spent a great deal of time with me and explained everything in detail. He is caring, compassionate and professional. I had been to another hospital and could not get any answers for all my symptoms. Finally, after seeing Dr. Gaudio, (who actually listened to me), I got a diagnosis.

Horrible experience, rude, arrogant, and uncaring!

Posted on August 16th, 2012

I have been dealing with a lot of nausea for the past year. So far no definitive cause has been established. Having had good luck with going to the ER twice previously, where I was given fluids and Zofran (an anti-nausea med) intraveneously, and having been neaseous all day and into the night, I finally decided to go there tonight. After waiting for 3 hours, which is not characteristic of my previous waiting times at OSF, I was seen by Dr. Gaudio. I am also a chronic pain patient, suffering from Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis, and a bulging disc in my cervical spine. Having lived with this pain for the past 18 years, I believe I am in no position to be told that my pain isn't really that bad, which is what Dr. Gaudio inexplicably attempted to do tonight. Being among a group of doctors who is clearly against opiate pain medication for chronic pain, he expressed his opinion that I don't need to be on the pain meds I am on (shouldn't that be up to my doctor to decide?) and that my pain is just simple muscle aches (which is ridiculous and untrue). He also told me that he thought I had a low pain tolerance, which I responded to by citing my experience of labor with my daughter, which I had chosen to endure with absolutely no pain meds, and which I did very well with. Instead of conceding to this, his reply was that everyone thinks they are good drivers as well. I am amazed that instead of doing what the previous doctors had done, and given me compassionate treatment and nausea relief, instead this doctor chose to focus on my pain (or lack thereof in his opinion) and even further expressed an opinion that my nausea was not that bad either, that in this too, I was perceiving it to be worse than it really was. All he did was infer that he knew more than I did about things which I was experiencing. I asked to see another doctor, and he raised his voice, said no, and said that he was the doctor in charge there. He then said that he was going to call security. This is not how you treat someone who is sick and needs your help! Keep in mind that I never once asked for anything for pain, that I was only there for nausea! So for him to even be discussing his opinion on my pain or what I was taking for them was unnecessary! I am extremely unhappy with the way I was treated and would warn anyone thinking of seeing this doctor against it!

terrible experience!