Highly Dissatisfied

Deplorable treatment!

I have never been treated so deplorably with such absolute lack of professionalism or respect than from Dr. Gettleman's office in Thousand Oaks! I agree with other reviews, Dr. Gettleman and his PA were nothing but arrogant and useless. I have had three other doctors say I need Rotator Cuff surgery(including the QME/mutual Work Comp doctor). All the other doctors say your shoulders are so bad, the one rotator cuff is torn completely in half. Dr, Gettelman and his lady assistant say "we would never say you need surgery after looking at these MRI's, they are really bad quality". He says "I will put in a request for a current MRI". Three and a half weeks later I call to find out what's happening with the MRI request. First lady says "sorry, we messed up the request was never sent". Then Sarah calls me back and says "it was a consult only, Dr. Gettleman does not request MRI's your primary physician does". SERIOUSLY FOLKS, GET YOUR S--- TOGETHER AND STOP BEING SO CARELESS, UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISRESPECTFUL TO PATIENTS!

Pompous Arrogant and Obnoxious

I cannot believe anybody would give Dr. Getelman 5 stars. He is the most pompous arrogant and obnoxious human being that I have ever met. He does not explain the problem and will not answer questions. My daughter tore her PCL and when we wanted to discuss the problem, he said "You are not making me feel warm and fuzzy" . He dismissed our questions arrogantly and told us to get another opinion before he stormed out of the room. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

Waste of time

I waited 2 hours to be seen at this office and Getelman spent about 3 minutes in the room with me. He has the most arrogant, pompous, horrible bedside manner. He had absolutely no interest in helping me from the minute he opened the door. He confirmed my diagnosis, but offered no help and repeated over and over that the problem would not fix itself. Ahhhh…. That’s what I came to you for! I am in pain with a torn tendon and needed medical attention or a plan of care. Nothing offered. He was out of the room before I could even ask a question. His PA is just as arrogant and pompous as he is so I guess he is training her well. There is no way for him to be getting all of these positive reviews. I noticed afterward that the most positive reviews are on his own website which he can control and is what I mistakenly went by to make the appointment. Lesson learned. Let’s see if my review makes it to his website. Take a look at Yelp or Google for reviews.

Authentic and professional

Dr. Getelman performed arthroscopic surgery on my left knee with great results. He is caring, thorough, and accurate. He also cared for my dislocated shoulder with therapy. His assistants and office staff are most successful in orthopedics and billing. A most gifted physician.

Totally arrogant and harmed me as a patient

Dr. Gettleman is supposed to be an expert, BUT he was wrong in his diagnosis, dismissed me as a patient, and then suggested therapy that actually made my condition worse. When I reported my increasing pain, he ignored me, even keeping his back toward me, avoiding eye contact. Horrible doctor!

Dr. Mark H Getelman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.