Dr. Mark Getz Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Getz?

Does not read all the reports nor does he seem to listen

Posted on April 1st, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Getz for an autoimmune disease. When I finally got my appointment, he did not seem to know what I was there for. I explained my problems that I was having. He said one of my diagnoses was not what was originally diagnosed.Even though I had x rays and another specialist stated that the original diagnosis was correct. He did not read through the records and made a 5-minute judgment call. It is bad enough that we are limited in specialist's in this state but the ones that we see don't seem to know what they are talking about. My PA knows more about my condition and gives better care. I don't have much faith in Dr.s in the first place ( since they have all become corporations) but this really does it. I will just go ahead and die. We are all going to anyway. He is not worth the trip or the time. He is polite and seems to listen but soon you see that he does not really hear you. No medications . Nothing.

Posted on February 24th, 2016

He didn't listen to any of my concerns and treated me with horribly. I told him I used to have an addiction problem and that I won't take any addictive meds. Some how he took that to mean that I was uneducated and dishonest about my symptoms. He refused to give me tests that were standard after being diagnosed with my condition. He basically acted as if I was drug seeking and won't take me seriously. I have been diagnosed with a chronic illness through biopsy so he has to know I'm not lying. Plus if I was drug seeking why would I tell him I had ano addiction problem in first place. His PA is very nice but even when she told him that she didn't think the numbness and swelling was fibromyalgia that she thought it was my sarcoidosis he completely blew her off. He's arrogant and I would not recommend anyone go here.

Terrible

Posted on September 28th, 2015

Waited forever to get an appt. then had a Terrible experience didn't listen or take my child's issues serious. Compared my child to his own. Terrible Appt. take your child else where!!

Mis-diagnosed

Posted on June 12th, 2015

Saw my wife for 5 years and mis-diagnosed her with fibromyalgia. She had a leaking appendix and lung cancer. She was diagnosed by my MD. one time and was hospitalized for leaking appendix and they x-rayed her lungs and found lung cancer , stage 4. Some specialist over 5 years!!!!!!!!!

Posted on May 1st, 2015

Dr. Getz is my daughter's doctor, and we couldn't ask for a kinder, more knowledgeable doctor to care for her. He took us seriously when we thought there was a problem, and he successfully helped her back to health. Our little girl's now strong body is thanks in large part to the knowledge and expertise of Dr. Getz.

religion pusher

Posted on July 25th, 2014

In 2008 rheumatologist nurse practitioner Cynthia Dickinson lectured me on religion and I didn't like it - Dr. Getz's office told me not to come back since the nurse practitioner made my husband leave the room then lectured me for about 20 or 30 minutes on how medications and doctors can't always help and that I needed to go to church and that only God could help me. when I complained to the office and hospital about the nurse practitioner they said that I couldn't see the actual doctor because he's not knowledgeable enough in fibromyalgia and would tell me to make an appt with nurse practitioner and leave or refuse to see me all together.

Posted on July 29th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Getz exaclty 3 times. I am sure that he has not spent 15 total minutes with me. The first visit was when I was first diagnosed. He does not like to answer questions and he doesnt like to spend any amount of time with his patients. His PA needs to find a sense of humor. We are all trying to make it thru this intact....we need the rheumatologist to help! I am switching Doctors.

Worst Doctor Experiance EVER.

Posted on April 12th, 2013

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis by Dr. Getz after a referral from my General Practitioner. My first appointment at his office, I never saw him, I saw his Nurse Practitioner. After a battery of blood tests, I was back at his office 3 weeks later. This time I saw him... For 5 whole minutes. He never ordered an x-ray, never even touched my joints. He prescribed Plaquinil and walked out of the office. I asked the NP what my diagnosis was and she told me it was RA. After MONTHS on only Plaquinil and still in horrible pain with fingers curving, feet deforming, and now walking with a noticeable limp, he added Methotrexate. I was HORRIBLY sick from the Mtx and could barely function. When I told him how sick it was making me, he just shrugged me off. That was the same office visit where he forgot my name and called me by a different name. I was so fed up after that, I called his office and fired him as my Rheumy and had my GP refer me elsewhere. NOW I have a Rheumy that CARES. He listens and is ALWAYS available. He has me on a different drug regiment and after having x-rays done, was upset that I had so much joint damage that could have been prevented over the year I saw Dr. Getz. Sadly, my limp is permanent from joint damage in my hips and feet and I've lost range of motion in my wrists and shoulders, but the worst is the cervical spondylosis where 5 of my vertebra have practically fused together. So many injuries that could have been prevented if my first Rheumy was competent.

Bad Bad Bad

Posted on October 20th, 2011

I saw Dr. Getz one time and he offered absolutely nothing in treating my Lupus and Fibro. I saw Cyndee Dickinson for subsequent appointments and that was just a huge waste of time. Her recommendation was that I be treated by my Primary Care Physican. The "care" I received was unacceptable!

Not to thrilled with this doctor

Posted on May 12th, 2011

Not impressed with Dr. Getz's professionalism and bedside manner as a person as well - may not make another visit considering all of this.

Posted on March 18th, 2010

only see nurse practitioner Cyndee Dickonson who preaches church as a treatment over and over again.

great care

Posted on March 16th, 2010

My child has gone to Dr. Getz for over 11 years now for here JRA and we have always enjoyed Dr. Getz. There has never been a problem with his care and attention to my daughter's pains or concerns over the years. We are at a good point right now with slowing down the progression of the JRA. Wonderful Doctor and wonderful care from his staff! I would recommend this Doctor to other parents that have children with arthritis.