Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Frankel
Dr. Mark Frankel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Frankel is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic HS - Lakewood Hospital, Cleveland Clinic HS - Fairview Hospital and Lutheran Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Frankel has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have known Dr. Frankel for over ten years, as I work in the mental health field as well. I have always been in awe of his diagnostic and treatment abilities, but also his calming, sure and down-to-earth manner with patients. Recently, I had a family member who needed his services, and again, Dr. Frankel worked "miracles" by being the best psychiatrist I have ever met. I love to learn from him when he teaches, because he truly knows his field and has been an innovative force within the world of geriatric psychiatry. Thank you, Dr. Frankel, for helping so many people feel whole again.
I have known Dr. Frankel professionally for ten years, and recently through his treatment of my uncle, for whom I am the caregiver. Dr. Frankel is amazing. He is the best psychiatrist I have ever known. I cannot say enough about his work. I believe God worked a miracle through Dr. Frankel's expertise. My uncle is 99% back to normal, after going through a very traumatic and life-threatening experience. I can't thank him enough. I refer people to him all the time in my work as a clinical social worker-supervisor. I wouldn't hesitate to send the most difficult 65+ case to him. I just hope he stays around for a long time to come.
Dr. Frankel has treated both my mother and mother-in-law (both in their 80's) for severe depression and delusional behavior. If not for his thorough evaluation and treatment, both of these ladies would be in nursing homes, unable to care for themselves. Instead, they are living high quality, independent lives. Thank you, Dr. Frankel!
Dr. Frankel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cleveland Clinic HS - Lakewood Hospital
Cleveland Clinic HS - Fairview Hospital
CCHS Lutheran Hospital
CCHS Lakewood Hospital
45 Years Experience
The Ohio State University
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Mark Frankel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1730 W 25th St, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Frankel in this video.
Dr. Mark Frankel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.