Dr. Mark C Held Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark C Held?

Best Neuro in New Bern, NC

Dr. Held has done a discectomy on me in 2001. Unfortunately I now need a fusion just above the initial area. I wouldn't trust anyone but Dr. Held to operate on my back. He is the best!

Accurate Surgeon

Unfriendly Staff. Waiting time extensive.

Superb physician. Did a laminectomy on me, I was out of the hospital same day and back to working 12 hour days in a week. Didn't take ANY pain medication post op.Highly recommend this guy

Very nice office, however staff was abrupt, the doctor himself was very direct. Did not make you feel very comfortable about what is about to happen to you. Did not explain what was going to happen to you, had me terrified during and prior to procedure.

He rebuilt most of my spine and did a fabulous job. I could not have had better care or a better outcome. was nearly crippled prior to surgery and now am totally recovered. one word of caution: if you are not ready to 'honor' your recovery, it won't matter how good your surgeon is. you MUST behave after spine surgery and take the full 18 months to recover but you WILL get your life back.

RUDE STAFF

The staff at this office is very rude and they treat you like crap. They talk amongst each other about other patients medical issues loud enough for me to hear them while I was sitting down in the lobby they make you sign a privacy act statement however they have no secrets about your medical history with anyone who may be in the office. When I walked in I was rudely interrupted with a hand to the face and told to stand there till she was ready to talk to me. I would not refer this doctors office to anyone and to honest I wouldn't let them do surgery on my dog.

New Lease On Life

Dr Held gave my daughter a new lease on life with his vast knowledge and ability. My daughter was unable to walk when he took her under his care. After an operation, she is now virtually pain free and is her old self once again. Dr Held is truly a miracle worker in his ability to help people. He is genuinely caring, thorough and totally open in communicating to his patients. This man deserves the highest accolades for what he does in giving people a new reason to enjoy life.

Very accurate on diagnosis. He won't perform surgery if not needed. After my lumbar fusion he did not follow up with me cause he went on vacation directly after performing my surgery. So, my follow-up in the hospital was with a complete stranger. I did everything he asked of me before and after surgery but my fusion did not take place, I think my body did not accept the artificial bone that he placed. I would have liked to have had my own bone placed as he told me he was going to do and maybe the fusion would have happened. Nurses in his office were so rude I stopped going there - I guess after a year and "No Fusion" there was no need anymore.

Very Good but Very Busy

I waited 2 months to see Dr. Held, with 2 appt. reschedules, on advice that he was worth the wait. He was very abrupt but very honest about what he could and couldn't do for me. I was in pain for 9 months and tried all the conservative solutions. 6 weeks now after surgery and I am feeling wonderful. Sadly, Doctors who are good at what they do are in high demand and can only see so many patients.

NEEDS MORE COMPASSION FOR PEOPLE

Flighty, keeps cancelling appointments and rescheduling. No compassion for patients.

Thank god for Dr. Held

He did my disc surgery in 1996,I can walk,dance and play with my kids again thanks to him. Absolutely Brilliant!!!