Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark E Holthouse has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark E Holthouse has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Holistic Health
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mark E Holthouse is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Holthouse recently moved his practice to a well-heeled neighborhood and will only see you if you are a "member" of his practice, which costs $200/month in ADDITION to the regular dr fees. Apparently, he is only interested in caring for rich people who want to spend a couple hundred bucks a month to join this "club". In this area, there aren't that many people with such disposable income, so ELITIST is a fitting term.
Dr. Holthouse would rather you work at being healthy than just come to him to be fixed when you are ill. I have been a patient for over 10 years, and have learned to appreciate his focus on long-term health as opposed to a quick fix for a current ailment. Becaues of this, Dr. Holthouse is not for everyone. He will not make you healthy. It is the patient's job to do the work to achieve that. The doctor will serve as the coach and teacher to aid you in becoming healthy, and to help make those changes happen necessary for good health.
Even after making the appointment, apparently they did not input that my secondary insurance was military (I guess that's a bad thing). So after changing my professional schedule around so I could see a doctor for the first time, first I was told they didn't have a contract with Tricare, no big deal, I would submit on my own as I had done many times before. Then as I stepped away from the counter to use the bathroom and returned, I was told I couldn't be seen because I had Tricare. Well, yeah, I do, but I have Blue Cross is primary. No...because as I was told by the front desk, who also commented that the office is NOT familiar with Tricare, she goes on to tell me, that what if (I didn't I was going to hear this!) the doctor wanted a MRI done and Blue Cross declined and then it was also declined by Tricare, gosh...what will we do???? If you don't know how to make a cake, then maybe you should learn how before you from an expert opinion and since when has Blue Cross or Tricare declines an MRI and when do you go through a procedure until you know everything is in place???? Gosh, if I did that, I wouldn't have a job...I would be the first to understand how to bake a cake before I open my mouth.So...it is apparent that maybe the front office woman did me a favor, since why would I want to trust a medical practice that isn't sure about what's covered or not. It was a great inconvenience that I wasted my time, money and gas, yet, in the long run, I will continue my search for a practice that is well informed. Too bad, I was looking forward in an alternative....
This doctor is very caring and intelligent. He listens and spends time with you. So be prepared to wait or schedule your appointment early in the day because he often goes over which is not so good when you are waiting but once you get in there it is really nice to have a doctor that listens. I love that he offers both sides to his practice... the holistic and traditional sides and he is well versed in both. Wish the office staff was as great as him but I am willing to overlook that to have him as my doctor. I also loved that when I was seeing him on the holistic side and he had exhausted all his tools/treatments for it he told me he could no longer could help me and to save my money and find a specialist for my rare disorder. Which I did and am greatful for that. He is just a very nice doctor.
Dr. Holthouse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
David Grant Usaf Medical Center
Dr. Mark E Holthouse accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTrue Health Center For Functional Medicine, 4901 Golden Foothill Pkwy, El Dorado Hills, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark E Holthouse in this video.
Dr. Mark E Holthouse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Dorado Hills, CA.