Dr. Mark E Holthouse Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark E Holthouse?

Elitist! Only treats the rich!

Dr. Holthouse recently moved his practice to a well-heeled neighborhood and will only see you if you are a "member" of his practice, which costs $200/month in ADDITION to the regular dr fees. Apparently, he is only interested in caring for rich people who want to spend a couple hundred bucks a month to join this "club". In this area, there aren't that many people with such disposable income, so ELITIST is a fitting term.

Doctor for Healthy People

Dr. Holthouse would rather you work at being healthy than just come to him to be fixed when you are ill. I have been a patient for over 10 years, and have learned to appreciate his focus on long-term health as opposed to a quick fix for a current ailment. Becaues of this, Dr. Holthouse is not for everyone. He will not make you healthy. It is the patient's job to do the work to achieve that. The doctor will serve as the coach and teacher to aid you in becoming healthy, and to help make those changes happen necessary for good health.

No alternatives at this practice

Even after making the appointment, apparently they did not input that my secondary insurance was military (I guess that's a bad thing). So after changing my professional schedule around so I could see a doctor for the first time, first I was told they didn't have a contract with Tricare, no big deal, I would submit on my own as I had done many times before. Then as I stepped away from the counter to use the bathroom and returned, I was told I couldn't be seen because I had Tricare. Well, yeah, I do, but I have Blue Cross is primary. No...because as I was told by the front desk, who also commented that the office is NOT familiar with Tricare, she goes on to tell me, that what if (I didn't I was going to hear this!) the doctor wanted a MRI done and Blue Cross declined and then it was also declined by Tricare, gosh...what will we do???? If you don't know how to make a cake, then maybe you should learn how before you from an expert opinion and since when has Blue Cross or Tricare declines an MRI and when do you go through a procedure until you know everything is in place???? Gosh, if I did that, I wouldn't have a job...I would be the first to understand how to bake a cake before I open my mouth.So...it is apparent that maybe the front office woman did me a favor, since why would I want to trust a medical practice that isn't sure about what's covered or not. It was a great inconvenience that I wasted my time, money and gas, yet, in the long run, I will continue my search for a practice that is well informed. Too bad, I was looking forward in an alternative....

Love the doctor not the office staff.

This doctor is very caring and intelligent. He listens and spends time with you. So be prepared to wait or schedule your appointment early in the day because he often goes over which is not so good when you are waiting but once you get in there it is really nice to have a doctor that listens. I love that he offers both sides to his practice... the holistic and traditional sides and he is well versed in both. Wish the office staff was as great as him but I am willing to overlook that to have him as my doctor. I also loved that when I was seeing him on the holistic side and he had exhausted all his tools/treatments for it he told me he could no longer could help me and to save my money and find a specialist for my rare disorder. Which I did and am greatful for that. He is just a very nice doctor.

Rude Staff

The staff is rude and I would not suggest this locaction for holistic care